Monday, June 10, 2013

Crazy walls and dissertation graph insanity

Here's my dissertation to-do list from last week.  It's basically my own crazy wall (more here), on a clipboard.



More evidence of dissertation-induced insanity:
I made this graph last week, late at night, to answer a real research question.  ("What are the effective krippendorff's alpha scores of averaged ensembles of five mechanical turkers, given individual alphas of .2, .3, .4, and .5?")

When I woke up in the morning and looked at it again (and tried to explain it to Erin), I realized that the graph made no sense, and the process I had used to create it was completely bonkers.

I'm going to get through this thing.  But after the defense, I think I'm going to need some serious mental detox.


Moral of the story: friends don't let friends do PhDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment